Assistant Event Coordinator
Job Title: Assistant Event Coordinator
Department: Rough Rider Center
Position: Full Time
Wage: $16/hr DOE
- Adjustments are determined annually by the Business Development Manager and the Facility Manager
Supervisor: Business Development Manager
This position will assist the Business Development Manager with event coordination. Responsibilities include but are not limited to scheduling, developing, planning, and implementing meetings and events within the Rough Rider Center and the Watford City Park District. Events may be hosted by the Rough Rider Center or other community entities.
- Schedules the Rough Rider Center facilities and supervises conditions of the facilities such as set-ups and breakdowns of facility equipment and resources, after hour rentals, gym rentals, event planning of the facility.
- Work with RecTrac software including reports, e-mail blasts, scheduling and other functionalities.
- Provides support with point of sale, facility booking, and membership registration for the Rough Rider Center.
- Answers telephones, maintains correspondence with other divisions or agencies, administer rentals of the facility.
- Assists with the marketing and promotions of the facility.
- Help plan and implement special events at the pool, parks and Rough Rider Center.
- Assists the Business Development Manager with planning, developing, and organizing special events.
- Prepares promotional materials for scheduled events, including brochures, posters, advertisements, and flyers.
- Assists in the preparation of facilities for events.
- Assists with maintaining files and records of transactions and schedules.
- Support the Business Development Manager with scheduling and preparation of meetings.
- Provide assistance with follow-up phone calls and emails.
- Provide administrative support, including addressing general inquiries, maintaining department files and records, answering phones, etc.
- Other responsibilities to support the Special Events team as needed.
- Maintain company appointment and event calendars.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with strong prioritization instincts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Must be able to multi-task and juggle many projects simultaneously and work effectively under pressure.
- Must exhibit excellent flexibility and work well in a collaborative and team environment.
- Strong results orientation and proven history of taking initiative.
- Must exhibit excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Execution of incoming inquiries/events, and ensuring clients receive the highest level of service and hospitality